||Out of stock
Aqua Bound's most popular blade style for flatwater, the Sting Ray Fiberglass offers tight-fitting construction and reliable performance.
- At 33.5 ounces, the Sting Ray Fiberglass is the lightest flatwater injected molded kayak paddle available at this price point.
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon blades are designed for forgiveness and just the right amount of flex, yet still tough and strong.
- The traditional “mid-sized” 92.5 sq. inch blade it the ideal size for efficiency, and lower angles strokes, helping to minimize fatiguing.
- The sharp dihedral provides a silky-smooth forward stroke with zero tolerance for fluttering, preserving your energy for longer paddling trips.
- 100% fiberglass shaft is durable and strong, yet lighter than commodity aluminum, so it will hold up in the most uncertain of conditions while not draining all your energy. Fiberglass is also valued for being warm, plus flexible and forgiving when compared to aluminum.
- The shaft is ovalized where the hands go for more comfort and control, and to limit the chances for blisters.
- Snap-button ferrule is fixed length plus tight fitting, secure, and long-lasting. No wobbling or inefficiencies like commodity systems. It’s not as technical as some modern ferrule systems, but one of the more robust options. Comes with 3-hole for adjustable feather angles of 0° or 60°, left or right hand control.
- Carbon ferrule insert is light, tight, and right for the long haul. This is a sizable upgrade over plastic or glass ferrule inserts.
- Two new head turning colors that make a real statement on the water: Sunset Red, the ideal companion for an evening paddle trip, and the shot of life that is Electric Green.
- Proudly hand built in Osceola, Wisconsin, USA, by a team of paddlers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Shaft Material: Fiberglass
Blade Material: abXII Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
Blade Size: 6.5 x 18 in. (16.5 x 46 cm)
Blade Surface Area: 92.5 sq. in. (597 sq. cm)
Weight: 33.5 oz. (950 g)
Ferrule Angles: 0° & 60° (L or R)